Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February 2013 GLOSSYBOX USA

I finally have my February 2013 GLOSSYBOX to share with you.  I don't know what happened with their shipping this month, because it was terribly late (my box was late last month too, but at least then they had an excuse/apologized).  Is it just me, or is there something off-putting about being charged for a box at the beginning of one month and not receiving it until the beginning of the next?  I was already charged for my March box before my February box even arrived.

Shipping delay annoyances aside, this month's GLOSSYBOX focused on International Style including "a complete bevy of beauty products to get you through a fashionable day."  My samples included an array of makeup and skincare products from popular global brands.

A close up of the Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder and a swatch of the Shimmer Powder alongside the Lisi Liquid Line Eyeliner.

In my February 2013 GLOSSYBOX I received the following items:

Bvlgari - Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc soap ($30.00/5.3 oz)
Hailing from framed Italian jewelry house Bulgari, this deluxe creamy beauty soap is lightly scented with the rejuvenating fragrance of Eau Parfumee Au the Blanc.  It thoroughly cleanses and moisturizes the skin, leaving it feeling radiant, clean, and supple.

Sample size: 1.76 oz
Sample value: $9.96

I'm honestly not fond of the scent of this soap.  I've sampled a few Bvlgari perfumes through Birchbox and haven't been a fan of any of them.  I find them all a little too mature and musky for my personal taste.  I'll probably pass this soap along to my mom or a friend who appreciates the fragrance.  The sample is a fairly nice size though, so that's a plus.

Da Vinci Cosmetics - Shimmer Powder ($15.00/.06 oz)
This versatile shimmering mineral powder is one of America's best kept beauty secrets.  Made from the highest quality ingredients, it gives your face a subtle glow when you apply with an eye shadow or blush brush as an under eyebrow or keep highlighter.

Sample size: .06 oz
Sample value: $15.00

I think this shimmer powder is beautiful!  I believe the Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powders are meant to be multi-function products, but with the Bronze shade I received, I'll stick to wearing this as an eyeshadow.  The color is stunning and very pigmented and I'm sure I'll get a ton of use out of this product!

Evologie - eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum & Stay Clear Cream ($15.00/5 ml each)
This power packed duo is the perfect travel companion for your skincare needs.  It rapidly clears blemishes and reduces redness and post-acne scaring.  Keep your skin clear by using the Stay Clear Cream twice a day.

Sample size: 5 ml each
Sample value: $15.00

I'm looking forward to trying these samples.  I suffer from quite a few breakouts and am always looking for something to combat them and help heal my post-acne hyperpigmentation.  The samples are generous enough that I should be able to get at least a couple of week's use out of them, enough to start seeing whether or not they improve my skin.

Lisi - Liquid Line Eyeliner ($7.00/.17 oz)
Exclusively available at one of our favorite New York beauty boutiques, this liquid eyeliner makes lining your eyes a snap!  It comes in all the right shades, including deep shimmers, classic hues, and even some with sparkles, ensuring you'll have expressive eyes in a New York minute.

Sample size: 0.17 oz
Sample value: $7.00

The eyeliner I received, called Incantation, is a lovely bronze.  I don't have any liquid eyeliners in a shade remotely similar to this and I think it'll be stunning to add a subtle, but brightening definition to the eyes.

Nail Rock - Nail Wraps ($8.00/full set)
Take a walk on the wild side and embellish your nails with these fashion forward nail wraps designed to last up to 10 days.  With no chipping or drying time, no wonder it is the current favorite of beauty bloggers everywhere.

Sample size: full set
Sample value: $8.00

Unfortunately, to be honest, I think the pattern I received (Metallic Cheetah Split) is absolutely tacky and I won't be getting any use out of these nail wraps.  I'll happily pass them along to a friend who is a bit more bold in her nail statements than I.

Total box value: $54.96

Overall, a pretty decent box!  I could certainly pass on the Bvlgari soap and the Nail Rock Nail Wraps, but I'm really happy with everything else I received this month.

What did you get in your February GLOSSYBOX?

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I Amy, I was waiting for this review from you. I was just going to sign up to them, but now don't know, I am very bad on waiting:) Anyway, thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review! The nice thing about subscribing is that they have an option to pay monthly which allows you to cancel at any time and not have to stick with the subscription beyond the month you've already paid for. It's a low-risk way to try it out. I'm still enjoying GLOSSYBOX over all, though the $21/month cost definitely makes me expect more out of them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. It was my first box, and I was utterly disappointed. The theme should have been "The Tacky Edition" versus the international theme they touted. The nail rock in my box were British Flag embellished, and equally as tacky as yours. My Lisi product turned out to be a lipgloss, but I was disappointed to see the first ingredient was mineral oil--definitely lowering the level of quality of the product. The Bulgari soap was heinous. I closed the box up again immediately, it was that bad. With their shipping delays, I was auto-billed for the March box before the February box arrived, so now I'm stuck with yet another one. It will be my last.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons